Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Finding Speeches

Last summer, I felt like I lived at my library. I was there all the time, pacing the shelves of the children and young adult fiction section, waiting for something to jump out at me. I thought for sure if I walked long enough the perfect interp would leap off the shelf and into my ready fingers. But alas, 'twas not to be. This year, I've turned to Google, Wikipedia, and YouTube to be my guide in finding pieces, and I'm not entirely sure yet how well that's going to work. We'll see.

The point is, it's incredible when you find that perfect piece to interp. It's like, finally everything you've been searching for is coming together and doing so beautifully. Or maybe you think of an amazing topic for a platform and want to sit down and start writing it 4 months in advance. That's ok. In fact, it's awesome.

I am currently in the process of finding pieces for next year. I've had a couple things click just that I want to do next year, and I'm getting really excited. Actually, when I finish writing this, I'm going to go back to cutting one of those ideas. :bigsmile:

So keep up your search. Don't give up. That fantastic piece or clever idea is out there and screaming "I'M OUT HERE FIND ME NOW PLEASE AND THANK YOU." At least, that's how I see it.

You're homeschooled, and I hope you have terrific speeches.

1 comment:

  1. I love finding the perfect speech! I don't like it, though, when the judges don't like it as well as you do. =(

    I was blessed to find wonderful pieces this year--hope the same thing happens next year!

    Good luck to everyone finding speeches!

    ReplyDelete